Monday, August 24, 2009

Determination

Today was the first volleyball game of the high school JV volleyball team. We left right after school to be at a game for 4:30 at Incarnate Word Academy, an all girls Catholic school, downtown. It was a great success! We won our game after playing two, neck to neck, intense, rounds. Though, I did not get to play as much as I would have liked to it was still fun and very exciting. My daddy knew I was disappointed about my playing time and went into one of his lectures about determination. I am a very competitive person and like to be the best at everything I do. Volleyball is not one of my best talents, but I enjoy it very much. So he told me havinh "heart" will take me a long way! I would really like to play more, and my coach even told those who didn't get much playing time to show her in practice that we want to play more. So, we have another game Friday at Kinkaid. This gives me three days to prove to my coach that I am ready for some more playing time. I may not get as much as I want now, but with a little determination, I plan to have a great season and win some more games and be happy knowing I was able to play just as much as the girls who played a lot today!

No comments:

Post a Comment