Monday, February 14, 2011

Because I Trusted An Angel

Today was a wonderful day, besides the fact that it was Valentine's Day, I got a surpise of my own. It is custom in my household to go out to eat on special occasions. This Valentine's day we decided to make our way to Lupe Tortilla, one of the best Mexican restaurants EVER...in my opinion. There was a massive wait, with people backed up. My sister and I usually are thrown out of the car to go place our name on the list, while our parents find a parking spot. We portray the true meaning of team work when it comes to handling the crazy city life. However, after finding out it was a 30 minute wait and we had no time to spare on a school night, my sister and I turned around to see an old man in front of us. As we tried to manuever around him, he seemed to creepily stare. "Happy Valentine's Day, pretty girls!" he exclaimed to my sisters and I. I showed enough of a smile to show sincerity and thanks for the nice compliment, but odd way of doing so. Then he proceeded to tell me to go back up to the line and check in. "I already did." I said, trying to remember talking to strangers wasn't instilled in me as a wise decision. I grabbed my sister's hand, being protective, and continued to waver through the crowd. "Go check again." What's wrong with this guy! He's crazyyy! This is all I could think as my heart pounded, thinking of one of those scary and depressing stories where girls are stolen. "Check again." I kept hearing him say and the words became more and more distant...but something inside of me told me to go back and put our name on the list. So...oddly enough...I did. "Johnson...party of 4." I said, tapping my fingers on the wooden pedastal nervously, as my eyes darted for any sign of the man. The woman began getting together menus. "Child's menu?" she asked, but I stared at her blankly. She probably thought I was mentally challenged, but I was in shock. A 30 minute wait just turned into no wait at all. My parents then walked in and we went to our table. Throughout the night, I looked and looked for the man, but could never find him. I can't help but believe he was an angel. As much as my family wanted to eat at Lupe Tortilla, the wait was too long, and homework was calling my sister's and I's name. But, all thanks to a man urging me to go check in again, we had a delightful dinner. Crazy, right?!

It sort of reminds me of when Jesus urges Peter to place his fishing net on the other side of the boat. As reluctant as Peter is to doing it, he does it anyway, and is truly blessed. There's no doubt that tonight's scenario was creepy. But, nonetheless, it was a blessing as well!

2 comments:

  1. Giselle, I saw the link to your blog from coach hawley's blog also your name sounded familar to me, i believe coach hawley has spoken about you sometime before. anyways i graduated from WCS and was one of coach hawley's students my sophmore year and senior year. i read your blog this evening and it was extemely interesting. Angels come in all sorts of ways! its a blessing when you realize that you either have one in your life or that you come across them from time to time. this was a great blog! keep up the good work! you will be a fantastic writer!! wishing you the best!!

    ReplyDelete