Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Achieving Your Goals

Well, this has been a great week so far, and not only a great week, but also a productive one. I have all A's and my wish has come true. I have received more playing time on the court. And not only have I received more playing time, but I am now chosen as one of the first players to go on the court! My mom joked and said that there was happiness on my face that looked so "geeky"! But, I don't care. I set a goal about a week ago, saying how i was upset that i didn't not get enough playing time as I wanted. So, I said that I would work hard at practice so that I could achieve my goal of playing more. I did exactly that. Diving for balls at practice, sprinting during laps, running for balls, keeping up good sportsmanship during scrimmages, this was all part of me showing my coach that I had what it takes to be a good volleyball player. Let this be advice to you. If you have passion about something but it's not taking you were you want to go, set a goal, and work hard to achieve it. I feel great knowing that I have worked hard and earned my playing time. I hope you take this piece of advice and let it soak in your lives. As the Bible says,"Pray and Never Give Up."

1 comment: