Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Days

As tired as I am, I have built up enough enthusiasm to write a post for my blog tonight. I have been babysitting my sister and two cousins sice ten o' clock this morning. My aunt had a party celebrating her birthday and my mom along with some of my aunt's closest friends were invited. But, in the end I was rewarded 40 bucks. So, I guess being busy with squeaky voices, loud laughing, and running feet, all day was worth it. But would I have been as willing to do such tedious work if I wasn't getting rewarded for it?? To answer honestly...no. Many times we do things because we know we will get rewarded or recognized for our doings. But remember in the Bible it says to do things without expecting to receive them back. I did a good thing today! I helped my aunt celebrate her birthday by giving her a stress free day without her kids lagging behind her. I feel great knowing that along with this, I got some extra cash in my pocket also. Maybe next time I babysit, I will surprise the parents by telling them don't worry about paying me. Overall, I hope that my aunt had a super duper birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment