Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Decision Made

A couple of weeks ago, my friends Nandi, Alexia decided to tryout for the cheerleading team at Westbury Christian School. They of course, dragged me along and I signed up too. But, deep inside I knew cheerleading wasn't my "thing". I am more of a track runner and a somewhat of a volleyball player. When it comes to cheer, I can show great team spirit and my jumps are pretty decent but when it comes to gymnastics.....well....I stink!!! Between you and me, I can't even do a cartwheel! Nandi promised she would teach me how and I believed her. Tryouts have been going great to tell the truth and I believe I have a pretty good chance of making the team. But, it just hit me!! Am I really going to be benifited by being a cheerleader? Am I doing it because I like it or because my friends do? I prayed about it last night and today during tryouts I came up with a decision. I am going to stick to being me. I am not a cheerleader. I am not going to put myself in an umcomfortable position to make those around me happy. Tomorrow, I have to tell Alexia and Nandi sorry. I have made a decision that I am going to keep.

1 comment:

  1. Giselle - I am proud of you! You made this decision on your own - being true to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete