Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saying Yes!

Today at church, one of the ministry candidates preached their first sermon. It was very touching for many people in the room. Mr. Risher preached about saying yes to the purpose God sent you here to accomplish. He said stopping listening to the devil because he is just pulling you down preventing you from showing your greatness. This really hit many people's hearts including mine. At the end, when my dad came up to do the opening prayer, he asked for those who wanted, to come up on stage and say yes to God's plan for their lives. Tons of people began walking on stage. I stood wanting to go but something kept pulling me back. It was as if my feet were glued to the ground. I looked on the stage to see if maybe there was just one small spot left for me. So that I too may say yes to what God has in store for me. Finally, my feet were loosened and whatever was keeping me in chains let go. I walked up to the stage and tears began rolling down my cheeks. I walked to my dad where his loving arms were ready to embrace me. It was one of the most empowering moments of my life. I knew I had taken a big step in my Christian faith. I had said YES to the amazing plan God has set for me. Now I am telling you my story. Make a story of your own. Say yes to God and see how me moves you.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    PS: Check out my new poll question about my next poll question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giselle that was absolutly amazing, you really get to thinking about your relationship with God after a sermon like that!I personally would like to expand that special relationship with God as you did today.

    Keep Having Faith,
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, Giselle. I am praying for your family. I have been there..and am still there.

    ReplyDelete