Friday, April 17, 2009

Green Pastures and Quiet Waters

Now we are on the next three sentences of the verse: He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside the quiet waters. These two sentences automatically put a calming feeling in your mind. Ahh! Beautiful green pastures....fields and fields of green. Ahh! Radiant quiet waters...big blue oceans of cooling waves. These two sentences to me mean that Jesus can put us in the most calming positions. No matter how chaotic life may get we can always have quiet and peaceful moments during our lives. Tell me what you think this verse means. You can e-mail me at gwhiz95@yahoo.com.

Besides today's bible study, today was an amazing day. My best friend, Nandi, and I were able to talk to a small group of 6th grade girls at our school. We talked to them about guys and gossip. It went so well! During lunch, some of the girls even told Nandi and I how they already used our advice to handle a situation and it worked. The feeling of being role models to girls that are younger than me is a big deal in my life. I have a little sister and I already have to make sure that I make wise decisions. I know she's watching me and I would like to be a person she can look up to and would like to be. I want to be the type of person that people can come to for advice. Today, I was able to do something that I love. I was able to share my personal experiences with girls that look up to me. The sparkle in their eyes showed they were listening and actually taking it in. Nandi and I made a great connection with the girls, by making it an interactive conversation. They even laughed. We used bible verses to make points and had the girls interpret the verse in their own words. It was a great experience and Nandi and I have made plans to have another great discussion next Friday. We both enjoyed it very much and hope that we can give the girls some great advice that they can use in their daily lives.

1 comment: