Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shall Follow Me All The Days of My Life

I'm sure we are all very familiar with the very popular bible verse from Psalm 23 which states,

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,

For you are with me
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Well, today my bible teacher Coach Hawley had the class do artwork dealing with the verse. We were to pick our favorite part of the verse, write it down on our nice colored paper and decorate the paper with markers and crayons. My personal favorite part of the verse was,"....Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life"...." I am not really sure why those words appealed to me so much. I guess the thought of knowing that Go'd's goodness and love will be with me no matter fills my heart with cheer. The very thought of knowing that no matter how many times I may disappoint God and disobey him he will always have a special unconditional love for me fills me up with great joy. He is so great that he is able to give me along with billions of other people an overflowing abundance of love and goodness, that he gives out nonstop. How great is the God we serve!


  • SPECIAL NEWS!!
    This verse means a lot to us Christians. Therefore, I plan to begin an online bible study on my blog. On this online bible study blog, we will discuss for the next few days the importance of this Psalm and what it means. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Johnson, you are a gifted writer and thinker...and artist!

    ReplyDelete