Thursday, April 23, 2009

He Restores My Soul

I will try to do 2 sentences tonight. I am on the fourth sentence of the verse now. He restores my soul. This is one of my favorite sentences of this verse. It is one of my favorite sentences because it tells you what he can do. If your soul is corrupt he can restore it to make it something beautiful. You can come to him with as much shame and guilt and he'll still take you back. Now for the fifth. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. To me, this means that he wants us to be good Christians and follow his ways. But, he also realizes how hard it can sometimes be. So, he's there to guide us so we won't make many mistakes in our Christian walk. He wants us to be people we can look up to because we wear the name Christian. He wants the way we look and act to be like a Christian because he doesn't want something unpleasant to have his name. For his name's sake, he tries to guide everyone. These two sentences tie together. The way he guides you in the paths of righteousness is by restoring your soul. You won't listen and obey him if your soul is full of devilish things. So, he must clean it out and make it pure in order for you to follow in his footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment