Monday, February 9, 2009

Just the Beginning

Today has truly been a miraculous day! My dad preaches at New World Church. It is 1 year old and very successful. We have had people join every Sunday, except for one, the whole year. My dad has a meeting with his bosses every now and then. Lately, they have been pushing to pay for the building we have been leasing. But instead, my dad has received something much more than what he bargained for. They have agreed to give him a 36,000 grant to help open up a daycare associated with our church. Also, last Sunday my dad asked for who would like to donate $500- $1,000 to help pay for the building. My dad and mom said they would donate $1,000. That meant, that me or my sister wouldn't be able to get our rooms re-decorated. Loving my dad and my church, I gave up my being able to decorate my room, so the $1,000 would go for the church cause. But, this afternoon my dad got a phone call from his boss, saying that he was going to be an honoree at a conference this Wednesday and he would receive a certificate and a check for $1,000. Therefore, I won't have to give up my room decor plans anymore! But, I know this is just the beginning of a God-filled week!

P.S. I proudly gave $5 in offering this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hey this is Gabe I liked your blog and I hope everthing goes according to plan with your room an the church

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sweetie pie, it's Mom! I know, I can't believe I'm on a blog either! I decided to check out Coach Hawley's blog, the one you rave about constantly, and found YOURS! We'll discuss that later :). Just kidding, I'm so proud of you. This is a good way to keep up your writing skills, while expressing your thoughts in a positive, constructive way! Stay true to yourself.

    Now, how do I post this??!!

    Loves and Kisses,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giselle your mom is sooooo funny (haha), thats awsome, I am so excited for you and your family's church!!!!and what is your new "decor" going to be??? way cute, i know you'll think of something awsome sweetie-pie!!lol

    ReplyDelete