Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Making the Best Out of A Bad Situation (Dump the Junk)

This afternoon was great...while the morning didn't go too well. I woke up at 6:45 this morning. My usual wake up time is 6:00. It gives me room to lolly gag around, sing in my mirror, and sleep an extra 15 minutes. But, this morning I had no room for my morning routine. My mom came into my room shouting, "Giselle! Hurry Up! I hit the off button on my alarm clock instead of the snooze button." I jumped out of my bed and began to get dressed. I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when my mom shouted, "Kimberly Giselle Johnson! Down here now!" Boy, was she in a bad mood! I ran downstairs, no lotion, no earrings, and most importantly NO NEUTROGENA! I proceded to comb my hair in the car and just finished putting my lotion on when she drove up to Westbury Christian School.

I had in my mind the whole morning that today was going to be a bad day. Especially considering I had a test in my worst subject, Algebra. But, right before I took the test, I prayed. I prayed that this morning's chaos would calm down and that I would put positive things in my head. I took my test and turned it in with total confidence. The rest of the day began to look mush brighter once I put into my mind that I would have a great day and I wouldn't let one incident ruin my whole day! I made a 96 on my Algebra test and my Bible teacher told me he was going to advertise my blog page for me! Today was great because I wanted it to be!

Advice #2: Never let one bad incident throw your whole day off! Make the best out of the situation and move on. You might actually sit back and get a good laugh out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Good start! I am proud of you, Giselle.
    Coach Hawley
    Luke 18:1
    PS Know the I AM statements of Jesus for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Giselle! It's Tosin! Awesome blog! i can really relate to everything you're saying! KEEP IT UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey chica!!! this is an awsome way to start a blog, your doing great! luvs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Giselle!
    Great blog!!!
    You're really good with making your readers relate to what you're saying.
    I may not be a blogger, but I am a writer (kinda, in a way, not really lol)

    -Angelica <3

    ReplyDelete