Saturday, February 21, 2009

Keeping Memories

Today I woke up at 10:3o. This gave me enough time to do my chores and get dressed right before my 1:00 babysitting job. After babysitting, fun plans were ruined due to the drowsy, rainy weather. I went home and out of boredom started going through my camera. I laughed about many pictures of friends and family, and even historical places that I have visited. All these memories were on a small 3 megabyte memory card. I hooked my camera up to my computer and started working on my scrapbook. I love scrapbooking. It brings back so many memories. Today I included pictures of Christmas, my Atlanta and Alabama visit, Valentine's Day at my school, and some more events. I think good memories never have to vanish. You should try your best to hold on to important memories that mean a lot to you. I never was into scrapbooking until last year. I was leaving St.Thomas Epsicopal to come to Westbury Christian School and my best friend gave me a scrapbook of all our 7th grade memories as a good-bye gift. It had to be the sweetest and most thoughtful thing anyone had ever given me. It was filled with pictures of us being absolutely crazy and full of events, including a copy of the Jonas Brothers' Concert we went to together at which I lost the ticket. She inlcuded a cd of our favorite songs and wrote a long letter telling me how much she was going to miss me and how she was never going to forget me and our fun times we shared together. Though this scrapbook was filled with so many happy times I couldn't help but cry while looking through it. Every now and then I look at the scrapbook and I can't help but to get a little teary eyed. If I could choose between a diamond ring or memories, memories would definitely win. For a diamond can rust, while memories always shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment