Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Is Finally Celebrated!

Today at Westbury Christian School, a.k.a the best school ever, we celebrated Valentine's day. The day was filled with surprises for everyone. I even had a couple of my own. The juniors passed out huge balloons, carnations, and singing telegrams. I thought the day was amazing! I couldn't help but smile. I looked around at everyone else and I couldn't help but notice that everyone was smiling too. To me the funniest part of this whole day was seeing how guys don't take Valentine's day as seriously as girls do. Girls love being appreciated and adored the moment someone walks through the door and gives them balloons from someone that thinks they are special. Guys, instead of taking in the special moment, giggle with their friends and play balloon dodgeball. Laughter, playing, and fun are all some of the best parts of life. We all enjoy carefree moments like today. I think the hardest part for everyone is going to be tomorrow. We have had so much fun today, I think it's going to be hard for us to calm back down and have our attention be focused again. But, we students can do it! This has been a great Valentine's celebration and I'm waiting for many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. The Love Board comes down tomorrow; a sad moment for me!
    God bless.
    Coach Hawley
    Luke 18:1

    ReplyDelete